Kantabile Afrika has teamed up with Katambuga House, Gibb’s Farm and Manyara’s Secret for an educational trip to showcase the highlights of Tanzania’s northern circuit to its trade partners. Dates are set for Saturday 25 November – Saturday 02 December 2023, and travel agents who are interested in attending are asked to contact Kantabile Afrika with their expression of interest.
Kantabile Afrika operates two boutique, owner-run camps in the Serengeti. Cherero Camp is in a secluded area towards the Western Corridor, while Aurari Camp is in the Mara River region in the north, both consisting of just four tented suites. With an eco-friendly approach to luxury, the camps are entirely constructed from wood and canvas, and with no permanent structures in place, they can be moved entirely without leaving a lasting trace.
The group will have the benefit of a private guide and safari vehicle throughout your journey. Kantabile Afrika will arrange for all the road and air transfers ex and to JRO.
|25 Nov 2023
|You will be collected from JRO and transferred to Katambuga House in Arusha. Set in lush gardens, and surrounded by coffee farms, the lodge is perfectly situated close to Arusha Airport.
|26 Nov 2023
|The next morning your guide is ready to drive you to Tarangire National Park and onwards to Lake Manyara for 1 night at Manyara’s Secret.
|27 Nov 2023
|A visit to the Ngorongoro Crater is planned for day 3 before you make your way to Gibb’s Farm for 1 night.
|28 Nov 2023
|On Day 4 you will fly from Manyara Airfield to Seronera in the Serengeti. You will spend 2 nights at Cherero Camp, situated between Seronera and Grumeti.
|29 Nov 2023
|Enjoy a Sunrise Breakfast in the wild and game viewing.
|30 Nov 2023
|This morning you take to the skies in a Hot Air Balloon (!) before you drive to the northern section of the Serengeti. You will spend 2 nights at Aurari Camp, situated just 27 km from the Mara River.
|01 Dec 2023
|A day of game viewing ends with Sundowners at the private Simba Rock at Wogakuria Kopjes.
|02 Dec 2023
|We fly you from Kogatende to Arusha and you will be transferred to JRO for your international flight. Trip ends.
· Full board* accommodation on a sharing basis** at Katambuga House, Gibb’s Farm, Manyara’s Secret, Cherero Camp and Aurari Camp.
· Selected drinks at Cherero Camp and Aurari Camp.
· Private guide and vehicle for a group of 6 pax throughout your journey.
· All road transfers and flights mentioned in the above itinerary.
· All excursions (Game viewing, Ngorongoro Crater, Masaai visit, Sunrise Breakfast, Hot Air Balloon Safari***, Sundowners at Simba Rock)
· All park entries and conservation fees as per itinerary.
· Drinks not mentioned above.
· Any additional activities, spa treatments at Gibb’s Farm or purchases of a personal nature.
· Any additional meals
· Additional luggage allowance on flights (15 kg max standard allowance).
* Full board: commencing with dinner at Katambuga House on 25 November and ending with breakfast at Aurari Camp on 02 December.
** Sharing accommodation: At this stage we cannot offer single rooms against a surcharge. If single rooms are available at the time of travel, we will of course allocate these on a fair basis and maximise everyone’s experience at the properties.
** Complimentary hot air balloon safari: no refund applies if participant does not join the flight.
· Additional cost to consider: The above charges do not cover flights to and from JRO, alternative transfers pre- or post the educational, travel insurance, visa fees, gratuities, and any expenses of a personal nature.
· Covid-19: As of 06 February, you are no longer required to show proof of vaccination or negative PCR test to enter Tanzania. You may still be subjected to health checks.
· Air Travel: You will have to book your international flights yourself. Please do not book your flights until we have confirmed that the trip is going ahead and your seat is confirmed.
· Extensions: if you are arriving earlier or staying on in East Africa after the educational, please let us know where you will be coming from or heading to.